Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Textbox dialog remains on screen, blocking the first 2 lines of the DAX code window

If you click on a text box element in the visual display, and then click on a measure in the Fields list, the text box format dialog stays on the screen and blocks the top 2 lines of the DAX code displayed in the code window for that measure, making it difficult to enter any DAX code, as you cannot see the code you are typing in.

The only workaround is to click back on the visualization pane, choose some other visual element, then click back on the measure, where you can see the entire code window for the measure. This is an untenable workaround, as if you have already started typing by the time you realize it, you will have to wait for the DAX to be evaluated and error out before you can choose anything else, and depending on your data size, could take up to a minute or more.

powerbitextboxbug

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Hammster1969,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 98290269. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Hammster1969,

I got information below: 

This is by design. The formula bar is not part of the canvas. If you change the page size, resize the app, you can see the canvas separate. Whenever the text box is selected, the textbox format pane is always on top. As user mentioned, just unselect the text box to see the formula bar.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu