Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Text to column issue

Hi!

When uploading a file I am doing the equivalent of the "Text to column" function in excel. However it does not apply to all the rows on the file and I am not sure why/how to solve it Could you please support/let me know if it might be  a bug?

Thank you!

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@frapagna ,

In power query, function 'Text.Split' can meet your requirement.

Text.Split(text as text, separator as text) as list

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/text-split

Regards,

Jimmy Tao 

frapagna
Hi! I am afraid this is not helping 😞 The origin file is made of a single column with text in it (it is an Microsoft excel comma separated value file). When uploading it in Power BI, I formatted the origin file through transformation of the text in columns using the delimiter ",". However, this is not applied to all the rows in the file. Some are left out (I thought it might have been an issue of the origin file, but the same does not happen when I apply "Text to column" to the same file in excel). The origin file is automatically identified as 65001: Unicode (UTF-8). Could that be part of the issue? I really do not know how to solve it. Especially since it seems to be applied to random rows in the file. Hope you can help! Francesca