Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Text not appearing in formula when creating a measure/calculated column

Hello,

I've noticed a bug sometimes when I'm typing in the formula bar for a measure or calculated column. Sometimes when I begin to type my formula the text won't automatically appear with suggestions. I have to close Power BI desktop and reopen it. I've only noticed this after the most recent Power BI destop update. They supposedly made some changes to the DAX Editor to fix some bugs.

Hi @nleuck_101,

Unfortunately, I couldn’t reproduce this issue. May I know whether this issue takes place in the latest version of Power BI Desktop? If you try with the latest one, will you see this issue either? Did this issue happen when you input specific dax function or and random function?

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @nleuck_101,

Unfortunately, I couldn’t reproduce this issue. May I know whether this issue takes place in the latest version of Power BI Desktop? If you try with the latest one, will you see this issue either? Did this issue happen when you input specific dax function or and random function?

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

nleuck_101
Resolver III

@v-cazheng-msft 

I have Version 2.108.603.0 64-bit (August 2022). It doesn't happen all the time but since the update it has happened twice. I'm not sure if it's a specific DAX function it seems to be random. The two times it has happened it was working fine at the beginning then it would randomly stop working. I would have to save my file close Power BI desktop and reopen it again.

nleuck_101
Resolver III

@v-cazheng-msft 

It just happened again. I've been using Power BI desktop since 9:00am EST and around 1:00pm EST I tried to create a Measure and as soon as I try to type CALCULATE nothing appears for auto text. It hasn't been consistent but it still happens from time to time.