Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Text filter Visual Not Working - at all

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere (and point me to it)

I built a report in BI and made great use of the text search filter....only now it does not seem to work at all (it did previously)

Latest build of BI desktop (updated recently), latest version of text filter visualisation

I'm pulling my hair out and would appreciate an assist

Hi @Anonymous 

Currently, I have not found the limit of the number of records for the Text filter. But you cannot use multiple key words for search in the Text Filter. i.e. you cannot search for patterns like Road AND Mountain, or Road OR Mountain 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

P.s I enter the term to search by - click the search icon and it blanks back to default without performing a search at all

Anonymous
Not applicable

No one - or have I put this in the wrong place?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi , @Anonymous 

The text search filter you mentioned is Text Filter ? I tested it in March version and April version , all worked . You can see the result in the screenshot below . Maybe you can uninstall the Desktop and reinstall it and try this function again .

Ailsamsft_0-1651544224984.png

Ailsamsft_1-1651544364156.png

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding

Yes. I'm working on the assumption there are limitations on the number of records for that? I've defaulted back to using the filter pane and that is working

The text search visual was working before an update to desktop, and have uninstalled a reinstalled a couple of times with no change.

Therefore my assumption - which I hope someone can confirm - is I have stumbled across a limitation for that (extremely useful) visual I wasn't aware of before?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

Currently, I have not found the limit of the number of records for the Text filter. But you cannot use multiple key words for search in the Text Filter. i.e. you cannot search for patterns like Road AND Mountain, or Road OR Mountain 

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ailsa. I knew of the single search term requirement - but I still cannot use the text search visualisation/filter and so have resorted to the filter pane. If anyone ever has the same issue and figures out what is going wrong - hopefully I'll find out