Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Text color in textbox not displayed properly across browsers and mobile apps

I built a report that uses conditional formatting to change the background color of cells in a matrix. I used a textbox to add a legend to the report where I have five lines of text and each line of text starts with a unicode character  that is set to a different color (to match the conditional formatting).  Everything looks good in Chrome and Firefox. 

When I look at the report in Edge, the text in my legend is all black. I have the same issues across the mobile apps. The colors work fine in the Power BI Android app, but they show up as all black in the iPhone app. Power BI Desktop renders the colors as expected. So this is just a PBI Service issue. 
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Meagan,

Would you please share a pbix file with some dummy data for us to test it? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Meagan
Super User

Here is a sample PBIX file that has the same problem. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtDPLqci_xrRhdFVknTEPTqTOhdc9g

It just contains two textboxes in which I used different colors on the text. The strange thing is that the bottom with the circle unicode characters shows the colors correctly in Edge, but the top one with the squares shows black text color for the squares in Edge. 

Meagan
Super User

ChromeColor.jpgEdgeColor.jpgHere are images to show what I'm seeing. On the left is what I see in Chrome and FF and Power BI Android mobile app. On the right is what I see in Edge and Power BI iPhone mobile app.  

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Meagan,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 79702406. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Meagan,

I got below information internally: 

This is a limitation of these browsers.

You should use another symbol that looks the same but has different ASCII key:
U+25A0: Black Square