Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Text Filter Visual Not Clearing Search Term

When slicer is used to search a text and clicked on Erase, it clears the filter but not the search term. If the slicer is oepned again, it looks like all the values are restricted and adds an extra step to delete the previous search term. Can you please fix this? 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Text-Filter-Visual-Not-Clearing-Search-Term/td-p/436407/hig...

Comments
astein1

@PBICommunity 

We just switched from a private BI tool to this and this is super upsetting to find. We rely on cosmetic, visual-based filters/slicers and we require a viable method to clear all filters as well as all lingering search text. On every slicer and visual based filter I've tried, you cannot clear search text with a "clear all" functionality. To force a user to have to click "Clear Filters" then know to clear any filter/slicer-search fields is ridiculous.

@deepu299 provided screenshots back in 2019. 

Make search fields in visuals actual targets and give us the ability to clear them via bookmark.

Mario_Graen

@PBICommunity  

still waiting for a solution, this is definitely not user friendly or does anyone have any idea for a workaround?

Liyana_Afandi
Frequent Visitor

yes, please. anyone can help delete previous searches from appearing in the text filter function dropdown? thanks.

Numerozero
Frequent Visitor

Experiencing it as well. Can we have a due date on the resolution ?

pb1051
Advocate II

This is resolved on my end. Now, when you click the eraser it clears the search term box as well. I would mark it as Completed. 

suzzyj

Having this same issues how can this be fix without deleting or clearing the test.