Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Text Filter App unavailable in marketplace

Hi, I need to use the Text Filter custom visual app. I've been using it last week with no problems. But as of today I see that it doesn't appear in the marketplace. If I look it up in my browser, the page throws a 404 error (https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/wa104381309?tab=overview). Does anyone know what happened, or if there is any other way in which to install it manually in the PowerBI Desktop application? 

Thanks a lot

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my research, I also can’t find this custom visual searched by name, but if you have imported the visual into your Power BI desktop using the downloaded pbiviz file, I think the custom visual will not be lost.

vrobertqmsft_0-1634094048867.png

vrobertqmsft_1-1634094048876.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

sebaschur

Hi Robert, thanks a lot. Sadly, I don't think I have downloaded the file. I had installed it using the marketplace, I don't recall having to set a folder in which to save it. And I didn't save the report afterwards either. When I opened the desktop app again today and tried to re-install it I found it wasn't available anymore. If anyone can direct me to somewhere where I can download it I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks and best regards,

Sebastian

lasersharks
Kudo Collector

I also have this issue and use the visual extensively in my reports.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my research, I think the custom visual “Smart Visual” can be a possible alternative to the original filter visual. I suggest you to have a try:

vrobertqmsft_0-1635218863351.png

You can refer to this link:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/wa104380859?tab=overview

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin