Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tenant Settings stuck loading

I have Global Admin permissions among other things, and the other person has Power Bi admin rights, and if either of us loads the Power Bi admin portal and goes to Tenant Settings, it just sits loading.  

Why is this?  It isn't a permission issue.  He is using Brave, and I am using Edge Chromium, so it shouldn't be the browser.  There are no pop-up blockers enabled.  All the other locations we look at in the Power Bi (or my case M365 in general) admin portal work fine.

Though is being a Global Admin in Azure AD why I can't add myself as a Power Bi admin, and also don't see Power Bi as an option in the M365 Admin center?

Hi @rconiv ,

We have submitted to internal ICM 305709646.

We were told to let CX  try to do the following to mitigate the issue:

1. Have their AAD admin change their conditional access policies so it’s consistent between Power BI and the services it depends on. E.g. if the other services require MFA, also set MFA as a requirement for Power BI so that when the user logs into Power BI AAD will ask for MFA credentials and include it on the Power BI token from the very start.
  2. Log in to another M365 app that requires the claims you need, then load Power BI afterwards. For example if the claims needed are MFA and Outlook is setup on the customer’s tenant to require MFA, have the customer log in to Outlook in the browser and then open Power BI in the browser afterwards. Since we will be utilizing SSO the MFA claims on the Outlook token will maintained when we exchange it for the Power BI token.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @rconiv ,

Regarding your issue of loading getting stuck, I have not been successful in reproducing it.
But you mentioned adding admin privileges to yourself, please you can follow the tips below
Please login to M365 Admin Center with admin account, select user and find your account > click Manage Roles.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1652329466420.png

You will see the options below:

vcaitlynmstf_1-1652329503025.png

Best Regards,

rconiv
Regular Visitor

I already am a Global Admin, which I am guessing is why I can't add Power Bi Admin, since I am already at a higher privilage.

If I try to access the Power Bi Admin portal, it starts to load, and then takes me to create a new trial account, using the account I use to administer our Azure AD and M365 Exchange.  Not quite sure why it is doing that, unless there is some reason our Power Bi license is not tied to our main M365 account.  I don't know how the licensing works for add-ons like Power Bi.  

If the person with Power Bi Admin tries to access just the Tenant settings it forever loads, though when I set up a trial account, snce I didn't lmpw that was what it was doing when I tried to access the portal, I would get the eternal loading of the Tenant settings also.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @rconiv ,

We have submitted to internal ICM 305709646.

We were told to let CX  try to do the following to mitigate the issue:

1. Have their AAD admin change their conditional access policies so it’s consistent between Power BI and the services it depends on. E.g. if the other services require MFA, also set MFA as a requirement for Power BI so that when the user logs into Power BI AAD will ask for MFA credentials and include it on the Power BI token from the very start.
  2. Log in to another M365 app that requires the claims you need, then load Power BI afterwards. For example if the claims needed are MFA and Outlook is setup on the customer’s tenant to require MFA, have the customer log in to Outlook in the browser and then open Power BI in the browser afterwards. Since we will be utilizing SSO the MFA claims on the Outlook token will maintained when we exchange it for the Power BI token.

Best Regards,