Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Template Apps - Overwrite behavior

Hi Team, 

Based on your documentation ref. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-template-apps-install-distribute

When updating template applications - Overwriting apps will still keep configured parameters and authentication. After the update, an automatic dataset refresh starts. However, this never happened to our product, after the customer updates the application, they always have to re-enter their credentials. Can you assist us to fix this issue? Thank you in advance.

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Did this app create by you or get it from App source in Power BI Service?

As the document mentioned, if you chose the second option above, after you've updated the workspace you need to update the app to apply changes from the workspace to the app.

In addition, you can consider sharing more details about this issue like screenshots or the steps which could reproduce it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Did this app create by you or get it from App source in Power BI Service?

As the document mentioned, if you chose the second option above, after you've updated the workspace you need to update the app to apply changes from the workspace to the app.

In addition, you can consider sharing more details about this issue like screenshots or the steps which could reproduce it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team _ Yingjie Li

Thanks for your assistance. It's from the AppSource. The problem is that once our application (CloudMonitor) has been updated, the existing customers will be prompted to update the dataset like the below screenshot. It won't automatically refresh its dataset.  Where in your article you said, "After the update, an automatic dataset refresh starts." https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-template-apps-install-distribute

Demo 1.72.png

This gives confusion to the customer that their credentials need to be re-entered, where in fact it only needs a refresh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we have an update on this?