Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Task's exception error thrown when setting up incremental refresh

Getting a strange error when attempting to set up incremtal refresh for a table in the model. This happens every time I right-click on table and select Incremental Refresh from list.

After selecting the option Incremental Refresh, the client hangs for a few seconds and eventually throws this error. There is also another modal that appears off screen and is only able to be closed from taskbar. All necessary parameters and filters are all set up correctly within PQ.

A snippet from details:

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread.

Stack Trace:
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1.SetException(Exception exception)
   at CefSharp.Internals.JavascriptObjectRepository.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<ObjectsBound>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Stack Trace Message:
A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread.

Invocation Stack Trace:
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<HandleException>b__0()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

<..continued on..>

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @lgordon 

I have tested on my side, it works well.

If you could try to use previous monthly version to have a test.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just exeperienced the same issue.

Downgrading worked.

Kr

David

Dhiren_Patel
Regular Visitor

This is really annoying as we use the Desktop app and cant revert back to older version. Do you guys know how to actally log an issue with microsoft?