Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tables not showing on Realationship Pane

Hi.

I have sometimes problems in the Relationship Pane:

•  No table showing in "All Tables"
  •  Custom tabs vanishing
  •  Custom tabs empty
  •  Custom tabs losing tables arreangents

My older files, which I don't change the ralationship diagram seem to be fine. But the new ones, and the ones I'm creating custom tabs to make specific arrangements of tables are troubled.

This started to happen after the general available release of this new feature. Also the way we move and interact with tables is no longer fluid as it was before.

This needs fixing ASAP. I'm speding time organizing the relationship pane and have to do it all over and over again...

Or even worse, have to close and open some files several times until it decides to show the tables at least in "All tables" pane.

Please fix!

empty.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @zapppsr

Which data source do you get data from?

Which connection mode do you use, Import or DirectQuery? 

What's the "Custom tabs" you mean? 

Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.68.5432.661 then test again to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

zapppsr
Kudo Collector

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft , thanks for answering!

My file has two connections:

SQL Server to a Big Data Azure environment

SQL Server to legacy tables of an old Analysis Server

Both user SQL Server Connector.

Here, the "All tables" with 3 more custom tabs: PJ, PF and IDs, created in the relationship pane.

esquema.png

After closing and reopening the file, there are different symptoms.

•  No table showing in "All Tables"
  •  Custom tabs vanishing
  •  Custom tabs empty
  •  Custom tabs losing tables arreangents

Here, an example, with the custom tabs gone.

problem.png

Sometimes they are there, but with no tables. The 4 tabs empty with the message:

des.png

I lost count how many times I recreated the tabs and arranged again.

PS: I started a brand new file and did the process all over again with no success.

My Power BI version is:

version.png

I saw that there is a new version from yesterday. I will update and see if the problem is fixed.

Thanks again for answering.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @zapppsr

Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.68.5432.841 then test again to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

zapppsr
Kudo Collector

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

April had two releases so far: April 10 and April 19, which is the one you asked me to test.

In the first release, I had fewer issues, but stil had one time when the tables came empty.

This last build from April 19, I opened a file yesterday (the file that always had problems) and it worked fine at first try.

Today I opened it again, and did a rearrange on the tables in the "All tables" tab, closed the file an reopened to find the layout exactly as I left. I wonder if this fix will now keep it that way, because even creating custom tabs, we need to organize the "All tables" tab too.

So, so far, so good! On thing I noticed too is that it was more fluid and less laggy to move the tables around, more like the previous experience of the old layout. So this is also a potive aspect.

Lets hope it stay that way because modeling is such an important part of Power BI.

Thanks for the help!

Clipboard01.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @zapppsr

The 2.68.5432.841 version I mean is released on 4/19/2019. For your issue, it's hard to analyze it further on forum side, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

zapppsr
Kudo Collector

I tested on version 2.68.5432.841 as I said and it looks fine now. I don’t see the need of opening a support ticket. Only if the issues come back.

zapppsr
Kudo Collector

Unfortunatelly, it happened again today 😞

Here, picture before and after. I didn't change it, neither accidentally pressed the rearrange button. I just updated some of the queries. One querie was resulting 13 Million rows and for the sake working on a smaller sample, I filtered via SQL in the optional box to bring me only data from 2019.

After that, the layout changed.

again.png

zapppsr
Kudo Collector

It happened again. Now I have a clue: It happens when you come back and edit a query. After editing or adding a new table in Power Query and relading, it enganges the auto arrange feature and resets our hard work of organizing tables.

@v-qiuyu-msft , where do I open a support ticket? Never opened one before.

Clipboard.png