Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Table visualization not printing colors

Hi all. Been playing around with BI for a awhile now and am attempting to use it to generate a 'printable' status report for a client.

While that in of itself has been a challenge I have come across a fairly obvious bug and was wondering what the status of it being look at, if it currently is at all.

When using the table visualization I am able to do things like conditinal color formating for values, and overall settings like table style alternating. These all look great, but I have some clients who still prefer paper and will want to print it out. This is where the 'bug' kicks in.

For some reason it's ignoring most if not all of the color output on the visualization when it's being printed. It doesn't matter if I print to our color printer, to PDF, or even out to One Note. In all cases it looses the coloring. I do know that it is attempting some of it as the one image i'll show you can see the rows have a slight intensity difference between them, but not the grey color banding from the table setting.

So here are the list of things I see currently not work:

1. I couldn't turn the column headers off so I changed them to white. One the screen they are invisible, but when you do the print out you can see them (e.g. TaskName right under the Milestone text box).

2. Color banding doesn't seem to work at all other than changing the darkness of the text slightly.

3. Finally in the last column 'Health Values' or Status-Color code all you see are the numbers which i'm using to generate my conditional formating on.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
celebrindal
Frequent Visitor

Print outPrint outOn screen visualizationOn screen visualization

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @celebrindal,

The same issue already reported: CRI 27762681. This is caused by browsers automatically transforming printed colors to make them more readable (e.g. to avoid white-on-white).

The team will consider a longer-term fix (which will take a fair bit of work) and prioritize it accordingly. On chrome browser, one possible workaround is to check More Settings->Background Graphics on the print dialog.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu