Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Table visualization: Display rows with duplicate values

So, this is logged over in ideas.powerbi.com. However, It's really a bug that can cause problems with report integrity and trust of users for reporting. Table visualizations cannot display duplicate rows. This is with summarization turned off for every field on the table, which is a separate pitfall. In SQL terms, the table visualization acts like a UNION, but it should act as a UNION ALL.

The workaround for the present is to do as advised in the forums, which is to add a unique column to the table visualization and then shrink the column width in order to hide it. In one case recently, however, I had to add an index to my query and then hide that column (with word wrap on, this hack also had the effect of resizing my rows to accommodate the wrapped but hidden index field). My users would like to see, for example, that a check detail has two line items for exactly $51. And I would prefer not to have to build workarounds. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @freder1ck,

It's true that we are not able to display duplicate rows in a table visual without unique columns currently. You can vote up the idea, I will report this internally as well. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu