Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Table shifting when filtered

I have a table and a horizontal bar chart next to each other on a worksheet.  The table has both horizontal and vertical scroll bars.

When I click the bar chart to filter the table, the table shifts!  As in, the scroll bars slide down and to the right.

Deselcting the filter does not restore the table.  I am seeing this in Desktop and Premium.

Here is an image where it scrolled to the right (black bar was added to censor customer data).

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cjemmott

I can only repro this issue when I filter the table visual to be an empty one. Please refer to my recorded video below. Please let me know if there is any difference between our repro steps.

And I've reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 43419437

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

cjemmott
Advocate I

Wow - thanks for the detailed response!

I see the behavior I am describing at 0:09 in your video.

The place it is a problem for me is filtering from a full list to a subset.  Full list, unfiltered:

1.PNG

Clicking the bar chart does this:

2.PNG

So the bar doesn't go all the way to the right, but does jump over some.

cjemmott
Advocate I

Quick update that this issue has not been fixed in the August release of Desktop (2.49.4831.521 64-bit).  Hopefully soon!

AlexGorev
Power BI Team

This is non-blocking, low priority issue that we'll try to adress but we do not have ETA for it.