Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Table names don't expand, after widening Fields pane

Capture.PNG

In the Power BI Service, when I open a report and click "Edit report"...then I click and drag to widen the "Fields" pane...the names of the tables do not widen.

For example, in the above/attached image, the first table says "Measure - Actu..." but it should show more text, because I've made the Fields pane wider.

Note how individual field names are not affected by this issue; the full text is displayed, e.g., for "Average Net Promoter Score" in the screenshot. But the table names don't expand.

Comments
kevhav
Continued Contributor

This happens in both Edge and Chrome.

I have been experiencing this issue for a week or two, I think. In the past, before that, this was not an issue. I know that the table names used to expand, as expected, after widening the Fields pane.

Please help! Thanks.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@kevhav,

What is your data source? I am unable to reproduce this issue using my PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

kevhav
Continued Contributor

Well it’s only happening in the Service/web app, not in Desktop. 

Data source is Amazon Redshift. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@kevhav,

I also test the issue in Power BI Service. Do you get any issues using other data source?

Regards,
Lydia

kevhav
Continued Contributor

I created another .pbix file where SQL Server is the only data source (Import mode).

And I created another .pbix file where Excel is the only data source.

I published them to the Service. Then, yes, I still experience this issue. It does not seem to matter what the data source is. Screenshots are below.

Also, I am not the only user that experiences this issue. Other users on my Power BI tenant also experience this issue.

Also, I use Premium capacity; but this issue occurs for both workspaces in my Premium capacity, and workspaces in shared capacity.

SQL Server data sourceSQL Server data source

Excel data sourceExcel data source

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@kevhav,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 76494882. Will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@kevhav,

This issue has been fixed, please check if it works in your scenario.

Regards,
Lydia

kevhav
Continued Contributor

Yes, it's fixed -- hooray!

Thanks, @v-yuezhe-msft.