Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Table/matrix sparkline does not obey tooltip-off toggle

The sparkline feature for the out-of-box table and matrix visuals does not get its hover tooltip disabled properly when the tooltip setting is toggled to "off". A smaller tooltip remains which shows the % increase for the entire duration or the range depending on if it's a line or bar spark.

You really need to be able to toggle this off, because the % increase over your entire date axis is not a valuable statistic and is potentially confusing to users. E.g. no one needs to know that sales increased 908945.45% or the values ranged between .8978954 and 1 over the full axis duration.

Also, these sparkline tooltips do not obey the field formatting assigned to the fields they're displaying, but that's probably a separate issue.

Hi @Anonymous 

I don't quite understand the scenario you describe. You mentioned "The sparkline feature for the out-of-box table and matrix visuals does not get its hover tooltip disabled properly when the tooltip setting is toggled to "off"." , can you explain it with screenshot or video ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Anonymous 

I don't quite understand the scenario you describe. You mentioned "The sparkline feature for the out-of-box table and matrix visuals does not get its hover tooltip disabled properly when the tooltip setting is toggled to "off"." , can you explain it with screenshot or video ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yetao1-msft Actually yes, I do have a video - here you go: 

https://youtu.be/_YKqPhMjn6M?t=694