Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Table Data Export Incomplete in Power BI Desktop

When using the "Export Data" function from a table in Power BI Desktop (not the web service), the resulting .csv export is incomplete (missing many rows) if the table has been scrolled to the bottom of the table (and all the data has loaded to the visual table on the report canvas).

This seems counter-intuitive, as I was intentionally scrolling to the bottom to ensure that all data would be exported, but this only results in an incomplete export (consistently, only 378 rows of a 1873 row table will export to .csv in my use case). If I leave the visual table unscrolled/not fully loaded on the report canvas, the entire table is successfully exported.

This appears to be a bug that causes incomplete file exports, and I've experienced it in other datasets as well -- I created a simplified workbook that I am happy to share which illustrates the issue.

The export appears to be correct when exporting from the same table visual in the Power BI service online, so it only appears to affect Power BI Desktop.

Comments
SJ
Helper I
Helper I

I have the same issue - I am on the February release of Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  It is consistent when exporting from either Report Server or the desktop version.  The page shows there are 18,794 records, but when exported to Excel I only get 18,235.  I have checked my report design, and all the fields on my grid are not summarised (I saw this issue before where a record count showed different numbers to the grid, but that was where I had summarised fields on the grid)

This is a major issue as we have statutory reporting due today and a report that is showing inconsistent data!

maxxxm
Frequent Visitor

I'm using March 2018 release (2.56.5023.1043) of Power BI Desktop (Optimised for Server) version, also test it on Power BI Report Server March 2018 (1.2.6660.39920)release as well. 

My solution is using Directquery/SQL Server/Power BI Desktop(Server)/Power BI Report Server.

I have run few tests:

1) 1303 records - 1303 exported - Correct

2) 8878 records - 8852 exported - Not correct

3) 7238 records - 7236 exported - Not correct

4) 5776 records - 5755 exported - Not correct

5) 1578 records - 1578 exported - Correct

If this issue already been fix, could anyone let me know is it something wrong with my design?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Team, i'm facing similar problem with PBI desktop, please advise how to fix this issue 

JoseDeJesus

I had the same issue.

Exporting the data from a table visual came out incomplete.  

Came back the next day and changed all fields to "Don't Summarize" (had 2 fields with "Sum").

The export came out complete!!

I hope this is really the solution for many of you.