Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Table Data Export Incomplete in Power BI Desktop

When using the "Export Data" function from a table in Power BI Desktop (not the web service), the resulting .csv export is incomplete (missing many rows) if the table has been scrolled to the bottom of the table (and all the data has loaded to the visual table on the report canvas).

This seems counter-intuitive, as I was intentionally scrolling to the bottom to ensure that all data would be exported, but this only results in an incomplete export (consistently, only 378 rows of a 1873 row table will export to .csv in my use case). If I leave the visual table unscrolled/not fully loaded on the report canvas, the entire table is successfully exported.

This appears to be a bug that causes incomplete file exports, and I've experienced it in other datasets as well -- I created a simplified workbook that I am happy to share which illustrates the issue.

The export appears to be correct when exporting from the same table visual in the Power BI service online, so it only appears to affect Power BI Desktop.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@JHarb

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 29743004

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

JHarb
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, team!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@JHarb

The fix should be in the next Desktop release.

Best Regards,

Herbert

JHarb
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Thanks, Herbert!  This is great news and much appreciated.

bmmcintosh
Advocate I

I am having the reverse issue...exporting from desktop produces the right data whereas exporting from cloud is not.  The first screenshot is the visual I am exporting from...second are the counts from the desktop version and third is from the cloud version.  Any ideas on what could be happening?  The data is pulling from one table/data set.

visual.JPGexport from desktop.JPGexport from cloud.JPG

JHarb
Frequent Visitor

@Vicky_Song @v-haibl-msft

I can confirm that the issue I reported here was fixed with the March release - my data appears to be exporting correctly now from the desktop client.  Thanks again!

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

youngdand
Regular Visitor

Still having this issue in the august release.

mterry
Helper V

I'm still having this issue and it's 2/1/2018! Consistently the same number of rows being exported from table visual - and it's incomplete. So I can definitively say that this issue was not fixed in a prior release.