Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tab rename doesn't persist

We have a strange bug where we are trying to rename a tab in a Power BI report. We have tried to do this in both Service and Desktop. The tab name reverts to the old name repeatedly. The report is not being overwritten. This has happened about 10 times. The tab page contains several custom visuals. I don't know if this is relevant (they seem to be the source of other odd behaviour in many cases). Please advise.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @emma_s

It looks like you are not able to rename report page, right? 

Have you tried with other reports? Did the same issue occur? 

Which custom visual did you use in the report page? Please provide custom visuals name so we can try to test it on our side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

emma_s
Helper I

Hi Qiuyun Yu

Thanks. It is always the same tab in the same report that is the problem. We have not tried to change the name of any other tabs since this one has caused a problem, so don't know if it is a more general problem. However we have successfully changed tab names in the past.

There are three kind of custom visual and they are all created by me. They are not certified so you will not be able to test them, I'm afraid.

Thanks

Emma

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @emma_s

Please duplicate this problematic page, then try to rename the duplicated page. 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu