Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Synoptic panel custom visuals don't support exporting in powerpoint

HI,

I have made some custom visual by using Synoptic Designer and I am facing two issues:

1. People cannot see those visuals into the report published even if they have all authorisations. If I run the same report from the app, I can see all the visuals.

2. Those custom visuals developed with Synoptic designer don't support exporting in powerpoint. the exported report in powerpoint did not have the custom visuals.

if anybody can help, it would be really nice.

thanks

Andrea

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @asc002,

1. Please troubleshoot issue follow below tips: 

a. Please update the Synoptic Designer visual to the latest version and republish the report from the latest Power BI desktop version. 

b. Please add another visual eg: Table visual in your report to display the same data as Synoptic Designer visual to see if this table visual can display fine. 

c. Please download the sample pbix ( https://store.office.com/powerbiaddininstallpage.aspx?rs=en-US&assetid=WA104380873 )provided by custom visual author and test to see if the issue related to the report. 

2. From this article

• Custom visuals that have been certified are supported. For more information on certified custom visuals, including how to get a custom visual certified, see getting a custom visual certified. Custom visuals that have not been certified are not supported, and are exported as a blank image into PowerPoint with an error message that states the visual is not supported.
  • Certified custom visuals are supported. A certified custom visual has been approved for use with Power BI, meets certain code requirements, and has passed strict security tests. You can learn more about certified custom visuals.

As the Synoptic Designer is not a certificated custom visual, it's expected that it will display as a blank image after exporting to PowerPoint. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu