Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Synced Slicer behaviour not working properly

If I copy a slicer from one page to another and sync it and then go abck and change the alues it makes only the selection available in the synced slicer so I am unable to reselect another option.

I am running Feb version and direct query

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

What do you mean about "change the alues it makes only the selection available in the synced slicer so I am unable to reselect another option."? 

Would you please share detail steps with some screenshots to clarify the issue? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Warrenz
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.  I've found in Power Bi desktop when a slicer is synced it works as expected but when I choose to deactivate the sync the slicer no longer shows all the elements of that field, just the original element that I selected while the sync was active.  I can see the other elements in the data tables.  I tried removing all the slicers from the report pages and re-inserting them but it would still only list the single element.  Select ALL didn't work either.  Currently trying a refresh of the data to see if that fixes it but am using the import method with a lot of data so its a time consuming process to do that everytime. [Update:  The refresh didn't work.  The slicer has essentially become unusable being unable to select any other elements.  I hope you can replicate the issue and get it sorted asap]

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to delete the entire page and start fresh, hard to replicate.

hazdiggity
Regular Visitor

Hi all, 
Has anyone found a fix to this? I've had the same issue - I tried to sync some slicers and found that my data is filtered to one year when none of the slicers are on!
Is there a way of clearing all filters applied to a report?
What's the easiest way of replicating the report if that's the only way of fixing it?

danneelss
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

Same issue here.

When using the Sync slicer option, and using it for a while, one of my pages is always filtered, even if I remove all the filters/slicers, and remove the syncing of slicers between pages.

I Am using Version: 2.55.5010.641 64-bit (februari 2018), with Import.

How can we fix this, without having to start over with these pages?

jbennett1030
Regular Visitor

I had the same problem, and I fixed it without rebuilding the pages. Here's what worked.

Go to View | Selection Pane. Look for slicers not displaying. I click the eye icon to make each hidden slicer display, then delete it. It appears that making changes to a synced slicer sometimes leaves an orphan slicer (hidden!) on all pages.

Warrenz
Frequent Visitor

Thanks jbennett1030.  Will give that a try.

hazdiggity
Regular Visitor

thanks @jbennett1030  - that fixed it! Had a sneaky slicer lurking in the background

Warrenz
Frequent Visitor

HiddenSlicer.JPGYou're a champion @jbennett1030, it worked. Thanks again.