Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sync issue between Power BI Desktop and Published Dashboard

Hi,

I am hoping you can help me resolve an issue I have noticed today.  I am using a guage which measures volume until yesterday Vs an expected forecast until yesterday (Target = CALCULATE(sum(Forecast[Forecast]),Forecast[date]<Today()) .  The desktop is updating ok with revised target updated as day of month progresses.  But when i publish, it continues showing the day before yesterdays target on dashboard (instead of yesterdays as it shows on desktop). If I change the target formulae to include today (<=Today()) and then although it shows 1 day extra target on power BI desktop, but shows correct on published dashboard as (< Today()).

How can I fix this? Thanks for your assistance.

[date]

Capture.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@dshah

I tried to create a similar report with yours and publish to PBI Service, but cannot repro the issue you mentioned above.

If possible could you please provide your PBIX file to me? You can upload it to online file service (e.g. OneDrive) and share it. Make sure you’ve removed the sensitive data before sharing.

Sync issue between Power BI Desktop and Published Dashboard_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

dshah
Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately file has sensitive info and too large to sort.  But I have figured the problem, I think its synch issue between Desktop and dashboard Service.  I have this problem when I publish between 10 am - 11 am Sydney time.  It auto corrects on Dashboard 11 am.  I noticed that today.  Normally I publish around 10 am Sydney time when the desktop and dashboard service are out of synch.  But about 11 am Sydney time the dashboard matches the desktop.  If I publish after 11 am Sydney time there is no problem as both dashboard and desktop agree.

So something to do with timezone

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@dshah

Is it only repro with the report in this PBIX file, or it can also be reproduced with some other simple report file?

Best Regards,

Herbert

dkay84_PowerBI
Employee

My guess is that the datacenter where your Power BI tenant is located is different from your physical location, so when you publish your report using the following:

Target = CALCULATE(sum(Forecast[Forecast]),Forecast[date]<Today())

you will see that discrepancy because the server will calculate Today() differently than your local machine.

dshah
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Dkay84.  Thats precisely the issue is.  Is GMT vs local time.  When I publish the report, it is calculating based on GMT instead of Sydney time.  hence the difference between Desktop and published report.  Any formulae that I can use to fix it so both Desktop and server agree?

dshah
Frequent Visitor

I added a piece of code to convert GMT to local (+11/24) that got my desktop and server dashboard in sycn

Target = CALCULATE(sum(Forecast[Forecast]),Forecast[forecast_date] + (11/24) < today()) 

Problem solved.