I'm having some trouble with syncing slicers that contain Field parameters.
It seems to work with regular columns but as soon as I replace them with the parameters, it's acting weird.
Already opened a topic somewhere else for help (and a bit more context):
The function of field parameters is to generate a dynamic value for the field you added and add it to the corresponding visuals to filter the corresponding data .
Judging from your current operation, you have each generated a field parameter to control their respective tables. How do you synchronize with each other? Neither is directly related.
Best Regards,Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
I tried to restore your scene, but failed. Can you provide your sample or pbix file(remove sensitive info) for our reference, which may help us solve the problem better.
Hi @Ailsa-msft !
You can download the file with the problem hereThe dataset if necessary
Hi @Ailsa-msft ,
That's correct. The only relationship that exists is through the visual slicer.
In our past situation, instead of the parameter, we had a copy of a date table as an extra table to do something with Time intelligence. In a specific case, we had 2 extra date tables (for different purposes in the model). To make sure they filtered the same thing on the dashboard, we made 2 slicers, synced them, and hid one. So there are no direct relations, but only for visualization purposes.
Having 2 extra date tables is not the most ideal situation, so we wanted to get this case with the parameters instead of the extra date-tables. It worked for us with the extra date tables, not with the parameters.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.