Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Switch Quickbooks Companies in Desktop

I am using the Quickbooks online connection with PowerBI desktop. I was previously using the connection to get data from one of our subsidaries, but now need to disconnect/log out of that entity and log into our main QBs entity as a different QBs user. I was able to connect to the new/main entity using PowerBI online, but I cannot get BI desktop to switch over. Any tips here??

Also, I know it is not a possibility at this time, but it would be great to be able to connect and pull data from multiple QBs Companies into the same datasets. The ability to do live consolidated financial reporting out of quickbooks would be a huge.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @KL1834,

1. Can you change the data source as the snapshot shows?Switch Quickbooks Companies in Desktop.png

2. If you can add another query?

3. I would suggest you create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

KL1834

I'm having trouble updating my credentials. It brings me to a blank screen when prompted to log in. I checked on a co-workers computer and his is working just fine. I have uninstalled & reinstalled my PowerBI desktop app. Any other trouble shooting tips?

PowerBIPic.PNG

JJL1990
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

I am having the same trouble where I can update my credentials in Quickbooks except I get a script error before I get into the section to enter my credentials. I didn't have this problem until the start of the year

Kind Regards

Jai

Capture.PNG

BetterIdeaGroup
Helper II

I am also no longer able to get into the QuickBooks login page due to the javascript error

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2019-06-04T00:57:57.9892242Z

Local Time:
2019-06-03T18:57:57.9892242-06:00

Session ID:
897a4fce-120b-404b-a8be-8b04c48c2f30

Release:
May 2019

Product Version:
2.69.5467.2151 (19.05) (x64)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 461808]

Peak Virtual Memory:
38 GB

Private Memory:
251 MB

Peak Working Set:
426 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
9bfbaed1-77ea-4dfb-8e21-5c444d38f8f0

Workbook Package Info:
1* - en-US, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Empty

Snapshot Trace Logs:
C:\Users\Ernes\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\FrownSnapShot717206170.zip

Performance Trace Logs:
C:\Users\Ernes\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\PerformanceTraces.zip

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_NewWebTableInference
PBI_showIncrementalRefreshPolicy
PBI_showManageAggregations
PBI_improvedFilterExperience
PBI_qnaLiveConnect
PBI_keyDrivers

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Formulas:

section Section1;

AdamBJ
Regular Visitor

@JJL1990  @BetterIdeaGroup did you install Power BI from the Windows Store or by downloading and installing the MSI from https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/? If you used the Windows Store option, try reinstalling using the MSI. 

Alternatively (if you don't want to reinstall), you can try setting the FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION registry entry for PBIDesktop.exe to a DWORD value of 1100:

https://www.cyotek.com/blog/configuring-the-emulation-mode-of-an-internet-explorer-webbrowser-contro...

You can follow the instructions to set the entry the start of the article. Make sure create the REG_DWORD at this path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION. The entry at that location should look like this: Annotation 2019-06-04 115449.jpg

BetterIdeaGroup
Helper II

Thank you for this followup here and email (yes I am Ernest).  Installing the MSI worked perfectly.  I assume you will let us all know when the app store version will be okay to use. 🙂