Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Successful refreshes not loading new data

Hello All, 

I am having a strange situation. I have multiple reports connected to a SQL Server DB using different methods. A few are using custom SQL queries, some are directly connected using the PBI GUI, and some have incremental refresh set up while some do not. All of the reports have been successfuly refreshing, in both PBI service and desktop. I have checked my parameters and queries, which seem to be correct and have worked for the past few months without a problem. 

Today it seems that my reports have not been importing fresh data since 5pm yesterday, despite any lack of error messages or failed refreshes. The source DB is also correctly storing new data and nothing has changed schema wise. I am not able to import new data on either PBI service or desktop. Honestly I am very stumped on what is happening.

It works correctly when making a new data source, but not on my previous reports. I have checked both the desktop service, gateway, and db and they are all up to date. Any ideas or suggestions on what may be the problem here? 

Hi @Parker_V 

Can you currently connect to SQL DB in Desktop via the same credentials ? All the previously created reports related to this SQL DB cannot be refreshed ?

You can manually refresh your dataset in the Service to see if the corresponding records are generated in the refresh history and whether the refresh is successful. If it fails, there will be a corresponding refresh failure log.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Parker_V 

Can you currently connect to SQL DB in Desktop via the same credentials ? All the previously created reports related to this SQL DB cannot be refreshed ?

You can manually refresh your dataset in the Service to see if the corresponding records are generated in the refresh history and whether the refresh is successful. If it fails, there will be a corresponding refresh failure log.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao