Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Subscriptions removed after report update

I just updated a report in PBI desktop and published the report (saved over the existing copy) in service - the report had the same name; but it removed the subscription. I was reading that this was a bug but supposed to be resolved in July 2020. Is this another issue? Is there any way to view old subscriptions?

Hi @KWelsh8144 ,

That makes sense.This is a known limitation of subscriptions in Power BI .

• Report page subscriptions are tied to the name of the report page. If you subscribe to a report page, and it gets renamed, you will have to re-create your subscription.

This is by design, and if you don't find your past subscriptions in the places I mentioned above, it appears to be untraceable. You will have to reschedule your subscription.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @KWelsh8144 ,

I did a simple test with the information you provided, however it did not reproduce what you had, and it worked fine for me.
Is this issue only appearing on this report?
You can see all your subscriptions in Settings, as follows.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1652172913638.png

Best Regards,

KWelsh8144
Helper II

@v-xiaoyan-msft hi, thanks for you response! i think i found the issue. when i tried to recreate a page in the report, i had duplicates made and after deciding on the one we were going to use, i deleted the old page, and renamed it - with the same name. i assume duplicating and renaming as the same, doesn't work the same as working off the existing page in the report. 

in this case, is there any way of viewing old subscriptions? that would be nice to have to see who it was sent to.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @KWelsh8144 ,

That makes sense.This is a known limitation of subscriptions in Power BI .

• Report page subscriptions are tied to the name of the report page. If you subscribe to a report page, and it gets renamed, you will have to re-create your subscription.

This is by design, and if you don't find your past subscriptions in the places I mentioned above, it appears to be untraceable. You will have to reschedule your subscription.

Best Regards,