Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Subscription Not working in Pro Trial

I have created 2 subscriptions under my Pro Trial Account, but the mails for the same are not going. However, the alerts that i have set up are working fine. Please guide. 

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rush2ankit

This issue should already been fixed last month for Pro Trial users. I just have a test on my side and I'm not able to repro the same issue.

Does your data changes every day? If a refresh occurs but no data changes, Power BI will not send you an email.

If your UPN is same as email address, please check your mail server logs to see if the sender domain is treated as suspicious so the mails are blocked. Please also check the junk mail to see if the email is there. If your UPN is different from the email address which used to access to Power BI, there is an existing issue which has already been reported internally to Power BI Team: CRI 32736716

The fix is targeted to be available in mid-October.

Please also take a look at the limitations for this feature: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-subscribe-to-report/#consideration...

Best Regards,

Herbert

rush2ankit
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft - Hi. Thanks for such a detailed reply. 

Yes, the data is being refereshed every night at 8PM UTC+530 and the reports shows refreshed data. But the mails dont seem to be coming in. 

The email id that i use to login is ankit@bigapple.in but the mails are not coming in even though i am receiving alerts such as data refresh alerts and other alerts that i setup on the dashboard. 

However, i do not know what a UPN is and how to configure the same with the BI. Can you please guide?

rush2ankit
Regular Visitor

Hi, I dont know how, but the subscription mails started automatically yesterday. But the reports that i am getting by mail are only images / pngs of the actual report and where the data is more and requires a scroll cannot be accessed. 

Please guide. 

tburghard
Regular Visitor

Hi, what you just described is actually how the subscriptions work. It sends and image and png file to you after the refresh. In order to have it be interactive you'll have to actually go into Power BI online where the report lives. I use the subscription for my team or quick presentations by configuring the report in the selections I want before it goes to refresh. So the night before I'll make any configuring changes if I need to and that's what will show in the image with the new data in the morning.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered