Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Streaming dataset fails when historic data analysis is ON

Hi,

I am using several streaming datasets with hybrid API access ("historic data analysis" toggle switched ON), and since 1 week they regularly and randomly fail:

• API push requests return status 500: "SQL operation failed: The Database operation reached a timeout of '00:01:30'"
  • Same error when I try to delete rows from the dataset (either via API or via switching the "historic data analysis" toggle OFF and back ON again)
  • Data is not visible in Power BI Service anymore (creating a new report based on the dataset throws an error: "Somethin went wrong")

So the datasets are basically frozen. No access, and any interaction with them throws an error. Only way to fix was to delete the dataset and recreate it. After using this workaround daily for a week now, I now cannot even create new streaming datasets anymore. Same error as above. 

I already opened a ticket a week ago (119070221000488) which is still open, but the guys are unable to help me. I read on several other posts that realtime streaming datasets regularly show flaky behavior. Is this a common issue?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Comments
tlmnk
Regular Visitor

That's great news @Han12345 ! I can confirm that the issue is fixed. I just got confirmation from the Product Team that the issue is permanently fixed.