Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Stacked column chart keeps showing values from previous slicer when no values

Hello,

I am experiencing a different behaviour with a stacked column chart in Power BI Web vs Power BI Desktop.

It shows fine when there are values present (pic 1).

However when there are no values for a selected slicer item, it shows fine in desktop (pic 2) but not the web version (pic 3).

The dataset is the same as no automatic refresh is configured yet for this report.

1) Year 2019 has values and shows correctly both in desktop as web version:

PBI_P1_DESKTOP.png

2) Year 2018 has no values and shows correctly an empty stacked column chart (Desktop):

PBI_P2_DESKTOP.png

3) Year 2018 has no values and shows incorrectly a filled stacked column chart (Web). You can see the values from the last selected slicer item 2019 (pic 1) are still shown.

PBI_P3_DESKTOP.png

Hi,

In the latest update of this ICM, the engineers are working on a fix that should be deployed in about 3 weeks or less

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

I also suggest you to make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

pollito

@v-robertq-msft 

Are you able to see my comment I made with the download link?
It appears to have been deleted. I also editted my first post to better clarify the the source of the printscreen.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Sorry, I can't see the download link you posted.

pollito

@v-robertq-msft 

My organisation doesn't allow sharing Onedrive links externally unfortunately so it's a wetransfer link. Maybe that's why it got auto deleted. How about this? (remove the spaces)

https ://we.tl/ t-c3Nn6cqODV

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi,

I have reported this issue internally, ICM: 285047219

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi,

In the latest update of this ICM, the engineers are working on a fix that should be deployed in about 3 weeks or less

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,