Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stacked Column Charts Stopped working today in pre-existing dashboard/Reports

The stacked column charts stopped working in existing dashboards and reports.  all other reports, grids etc seem to be working fine.  Datasource is SSAS MD cube.  I have confirmed that there is data at the intersection in the cube that is included in the reports.  Report was created from dataset online and not from desktop power bi. 

Comments
cosland
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous @v-qiuyu-msft

My cube-project was originally created in SSAS2008, and later upgraded to 2016. When I created a new cube in the same project today, using the same dimensions, facts & security, the stacked bar chart seems to work. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue as couple of users before me. 

I have a line chart with details as companies. This can be seen from bottom picture. Vizualization is basic vizualization already built-in in Power BI. In Power BI Desktop everything is working just fine. I can change vizualization to any other type and changes are seen. As soon as I publish report to Power BI Service this vizualization is not working anymore. It just show me blank vizualization. 

If I remove details from the chart lines appear, but this is not what I would like to have as details are very important to me. Also, if I create new vizualization with same steps as in Power BI Desktop is not working. 

I am using live connection to MS SQL Analysis Services (Multidimensional model). 

I am experiencing this issue with more customers that finds this issue very unpleasent.  

First picture is from Power BI Service where it is not working. Second picture is from Power BI Desktop where vizualization is working. 

PowerBI issue.pngPowerBIDesktop issue.png

rvgfox
Helper II

I've the same problem with three types of visuals:

• Bar char
  • Line char
  • AttributeSlicer

Last week it works, but now I can see the data in Power Bi Desktop but not in the online service.

We're using a SSAS multidimensional cube.

Regards

Ramon

hmencin

We're using live connection to MS SQL Analysis Services (Multidimensional model) and it's the only way we can use PowerBI conditional on company security policy.

We have problems with all types of standard visuals using details (Bar char, Line char, Area chart) and with AttributeSlicer. All this visuals are working in Desktop version, where report are created, but after publishing, standard visuals are empty in PowerBI portaL, AttributeSlicer looks like it's refreshing infinitely.

We're using this visuals in 75% of dashboards, so it' considerable confusion in dashboars from a users perspective.

Regards,

Hermina Mencin

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

The same issue has been reported before internally: CRI 48538230. Please see below response from PG team: 

We have a fix ready. This issue is specific to categorical charts (Cartesian, donut/pie/treemap) that have a primary and secondary (Legend) grouping, and have dynamic formatting coming from an AS MD model. We plan to fix PROD on Thursday. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

pconstantin1967
Regular Visitor

Stacked Column Charts Stopped working today in pre..

Same problem for us

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is working for us now again, both on mobile and web.

Thank you! 

rvgfox
Helper II

Some visuals works, but the problem with the AttributeSlicer not.