Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stacked Area Chart - Data Label Position Incorrect

I believe this may have been covered before, however I did not find a complete solution for this issue.

The issue relates to having text as an X-Axis on a Stacked Area Chart, this is only apparent in the stacked area chart, I cannot replicate the issue with a Line or normal Area Chart.

For Instance:

PowerBI_Line_Vs_StckArea_Issue.png

Above shows the same data split between a Line and Stacked Area Graph, the Line chart shows the Data Labels in the correct position, however the Stacked Area Chart moves them to the left and there is no option to change this. I understand this is related to having Text as a primary X-Axis, as when I use a number I get the following:

StckArea_Number_XAxis.png

The X-Axis here uses just numbers to represent the calendar year, however we utilise both Calendar and Financial Year in our tabular model, so we need to be able to prefix the number to show the end user which calendar is being used.

I can replicate the issue using a number X-Axis by changing the Type from Continuous to Categorical:

StckArea_Number_XAxis_Catagorical.png

However I cannot select "Continuous" when I have the Financial Year selected as the X-Axis? It will always go back to "Categorical".

This may well be by design, however I just do not know why I have different default labelling behaviour between a Line and Area to a Stacked Area?

This is using Power BI Desktop for Report Server

Version: 2.61.5192.641 64-bit (August 2018)

Our normal reports connect live to a SSAS tabular model, however I could replicate the issues with a simple data entered model, which I am happy to share if needed.

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@pread,

I can reproduce this issue and have reported this issue internally: CRI 91108710. Will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@pread,

I got response from PG:

"The fix for the issue should be out in about four weeks."

Regards,
Lydia

pread
Regular Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msftThat's great news.

Thank you,

Peter

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@pread ,

For RS, the fix will be in the next release (May).

Regards,
Lydia