Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Specified Cast is not valid. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

Hello, 

I am connecting to a table through SQL Analysis Server. Within Desktop the table refreshes each time no issues but when I publish to Service, I get the following error message. This has been going on for several days.

Last refresh failed: Mon May 11 2020 09:31:20 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Data source error:We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;Specified cast is not valid. Specified cast is not valid. Specified cast is not valid.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action. Table: Table Name.
Cluster URI:DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:967384cf-9812-43cd-83a6-05cad7718c86
Request ID:529b08fb-2e69-7e9f-2f21-47473662f5d2
Time:2020-05-11 13:31:20Z

I have tried

• changing the data type
  • Deleted and uploaded a new version to the service
  • Updating my Power BI desktop version 

But nothing has worked.

Any suggestions?

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@v-melmuz ,

Have you mapped user name correctly on power bi service side?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas#map-user-names-for-...

In addtion, have you changed data source?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-melmuz
Employee

@v-yuta-msft Thanks for your response. 

The analysis server is on Azure and not required to be on the Gateway but when i try to add it, I get an error (screenshot). It accepts my credentials when I re-sign in with OAuth so I am not sure about this error. I checked the datasource spelling/order and everything is identical. Everything worked fine until this past week and there were no changes to the datasource, data or gateway. 

Error.PNG

amish8866
Employee

I am having exact same issue. My report was refreshing smoothly till 5/6 and suddenly it started failing with no change whatsoever. 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@v-melmuz ,

I would suggest you create a support ticket here for further analysis.

Support Ticket.gif 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-melmuz
Employee

@v-yuta-msft Thank you. I have opened a ticket

@amish8866 I submitted a ticket and they said others were having the same issue. Once it fixed it should automatically work again. 

amt_arsd
Employee

i am getting the same issue. Till last week everything was perfect. Did anyone get any resolution to this?

v-melmuz
Employee

@amt_arsd For me it was an issue on the data source side. I opened a ticket and they fixed it (not sure what was the issue though).