Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sovled: Your data gateway (Power BI – personal) is offline or couldn't be reached.

Hello Everybody, 

we are using Power BI in our company, but we are not using Gateway yet. I tried to install personal Gateway on my laptop for the perpose of testing before we ask the IT administrator to install Power BI enterpise  gateway on the server. However, I am getting the error shown below (Your data gateway (Power BI – personal) is offline or couldn't be reached. )

GateWay.PNG

I have checked many posts including this one 

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Your-data-gateway-Power-BI-personal-is-offline-or-couldn-t-b...

However, nothing helped until now.

The IT infrustructure guy is confirming that we have no proxy and that we are not blocking outbound traffic.

Any idea of what could be the reason?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@jubrna01

When you open the personal gateway on your laptop, does the gateway show as Connected as following screenshot?

If yes, do you sign in to Power BI Service and Personal Gateway with the same Power BI Account?

Please also make sure you're using the latest version.

Your data gateway (Power BI – personal) is offline or couldn't be reached_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

jubrna01
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, i am seeing the same information as in the shown screeenshot. I am also using the same user account. I am also using the last version. 

jubrna01
Frequent Visitor

Hello again,

the problem is solved. The gateway is configured from setting option not from the Gateway setting. Which means, in the Gateway setting, I am still having the same error as above. But when I go to the setting, I find that my gateway is online

Unbenannt.PNG

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered