Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Sorting on breakdown attribue of waterfall chart not working

I am using the new breakdown option on waterfall charts. Unfortunately sorting the breakdown dimension does not work. It is possible to select it for sorting but the breakdown elements willl still  ordered by size of the breakdown elements (in decreasing order).

Any idea?

Best regards

Julian

Comments
jdobrzen
Advocate II

@Torrubias I agree with you about trying to breakdown by period. However, the more I think about what the waterfall chart is, the more I understand why it doesnt.  It's a bridge and in your example, imagine how the bridge would look if it was sorted by period.  You could argue that it would not be a waterfall/bridge anymore.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can we have this implemented please. I want the waterfall to visualise period on period changes. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would really love if it can be implemented. Currently I'm doing one. After accepting the fact that the breakdown will show items for highest and lowest (according to number of breakdown chosen), it does skipped some of the amount among highest and lowest variances for I don't know what reason which is really unfavourable. For me, the simpler the better.

rrwyszynski_p
Regular Visitor

any updates on this topic?

SofiaFer
Regular Visitor

I really need this feature to work. Just as others have mentioned, not being able to sort by breakdown makes the chart almost unuseful. We really need this feature to be implemented.

olivierGA

I can't understant why sorting waterfall by breakdown is not possible "by design". Can you explain "by design" ? It's possible in excel !!

We need this feature.