Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sorting bug in Power BI Service - different result than in desktop version

Hi all,

discovered a bug in Power BI Service when the sort column is used on values in visuals.

When sorting on values rows get multiplied.
Screenshot from Power BI Service:

patrick_s_0-1663258786227.png

Screenshot from Desktop Version:

patrick_s_2-1663258852162.png

When sorting on a non values column in service, data is presented correctly again:

patrick_s_3-1663258872188.png

Would appreciate your support.

Thank you

Hi @patrick_s 

If delete the report and dataset in Service then republish from Desktop to Service, can it display normally in Service ? If there is still a problem after the above operation , please provide your sample and the version number of Desktop .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @patrick_s 

If delete the report and dataset in Service then republish from Desktop to Service, can it display normally in Service ? If there is still a problem after the above operation , please provide your sample and the version number of Desktop .

Best Regards,

tdrisc05
Regular Visitor

Hello-

I'm having the same issue as Patrick.  I deleted the report and it did not fix it.  I renamed and published as a new dataset, still the same issue.  I deployed to a new workspace, same issue.  I adjusted the measure that I was sorting by and it continued to have the issue.

This report was working perfectly fine for months until the last 2 days.  It still works in desktop, but not in Power BI service.

patrick_s
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft  thank you for your tips.

This morning I found some time for the following testing:

patrick_s_0-1663311886136.png

Found some interesting staff when publishing the report to an old workspace:
After publishing and app update, I get two reports in the workspace:

patrick_s_1-1663311919414.png

The faulty red marked one is included in the app.
The green marked one works absolulty fine and is not included in the app because the app is stil faulty.

Very strange that the "include in App" shows the status in the opposite way. --> There is something wrong!

When I publish the report to a completley new workspace, everything works fine. --> Work around!

In my case, the app is embeded in another software. Change to a new workspace would mean that I have to change the link to the app in a live system with several hundrets of users worldwide. Will do it now.
Hope I could give MS a hint to solve the issue and the community a possible work around.
Have a great day!

tdrisc05
Regular Visitor

I deployed the dataset and report to a new workspace, the same result with sorting.  I deployed the report to a different tenant and workspace, same result with repeating items.  This is a major issue for my customer that needs to be resolved.  Desktop still works and this surfaced on Tuesday only in Matrix visuals.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @patrick_s 

When the report republished to the old workspace , the visual displayed normally right ? In this case , maybe you can add the normal report to the app instaed of the wrong one . 

I made a mistake when restoring your scene. If possible, could you provide your pbix file(remove sensitive info) for my reference ?

Best Regards,

patrick_s
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

when I publish the report to the workspace, Power BI service creates a second report with the same name obviously: (this was not the case before the latest release "update to new workspace")

patrick_s_0-1663580180798.png

But I only see one that I can use for the app update:

patrick_s_1-1663580232629.png

There is no possiblity to select the correct report in the app because there is only one appearing.
After a data refresh, the second (double) report is gone and the wrong one remains visible.
It looks like that only my old workspace that was transfered to get the new funcitionality for different user groups are affected.
As soon as I will find some time I will prepare a sample pbix file.

Gabriel_Walkman
Continued Contributor

This problem started for us maybe two weeks ago and affects all our published reports with matrices utilizing a sorting column.

Did see the same duplicate report bug happen once as patrick_s, but that is not visible any more.

nileshbhavsar

What is the latest update on duplicated rows in report? Can you pls provide an update. Thanks. 

Gabriel_Walkman
Continued Contributor

Any news on this? It is preventing a major product launch for us.

Edit: oh, my bad! I guess this was fixed, thanks a bunch!