Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Something went wrong with Parameter name when direct querying.

After refreshing a direct query to a SQL DB Table error message reads;

"Expression should be true. Parameter name: Total sum of fractions doesn't equal 11. Fractions NaN, Nan, Nan."

Original query earlier this month did not return this message and was working just fine.

Any one seen a similar error message? How to solve it?

Thanks

Gustavo

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Do you mean you are passing the Power BI query parameter in T-SQL query? 

What's the data type of the Power BI query parameter? 

Please share the T-SQL query you are using to retrieve data in Power BI desktop. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

jcarville
Skilled Sharer

I've encountered the same issue as the original poster, however I am using Import mode, not Direct Query.

My datasources are all coming from a Dataflow and I am not passing any parameters. Has anyone else encountered this?

Jaf017
Helper I

Also experienced this exact same error message after updating one of my SQL statements in an import.

First time I've seen the error, and have used the same dataset for months now.

shanthisuguna
Regular Visitor

Im experiencing this same issue when querying data directly using ODBC connection. I have been using the same dataset for months - not sure why this issue is occuring now.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to resolve this ? 

MiraNi
Advocate III

I have the same issue with import query from SQL Server using parameters for datasource.

When I changed the reference from test to production server using the parameter, I got this error. Until that, everything worked fine. First I got an error: Expression should be true. Parameter name:Total sum of fractions doesn't equal 1. Fractions:0,0,0. After OK, I got an error message: No such interface supported. 

The extremely annoying thing here is, that I cannot close the last error message window - it just pops up again and again after choosing Cancel. I cannot go and analyze the error, instead I just have to force Power BI to close. So there is no way I can get forward with this issue.

lamysroe
Advocate I

I am having the same issue on a report I have been using for months. Has anyone encountered a solution?

dangelo1
Frequent Visitor

Hello, facing the same issue here. Please someone help us. The dataset was up and running and there was no issue with it. One day it just started giving this error.

dangelo1
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft Please change the status of the thread. Most of the people reporting this issue are doing import and are not passing parameters. I have tried removing my parameters and I am getting the same error message with and without parameters. In addition the table reloads and there is data but the preview of the table is not only broken but this error crashes the application sometimes.

Al345
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing this issue. It seems to come about only after I've merged in another table and tried to expand the new fields. When I refresh the preview the table sometimes loads but the data profiling bar for all the columns is striped instead of solid. When I click on it to get more details I get the error saying that the total sum of fractions doesn't equal 1. Even when I load a new table in and this is the first step I apply I still get the same error.