Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Something went wrong: unable to save report - Power BI Service

Hi,

There are several tickets with this issue, but I didn't get any solution for 'Something went wrong: unable to save report' in PBI Service, except for replacing the dataset and re-building all reports manually. I did it several times, but it takes too much time. Is there any fix for this bug?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Taisiya

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please share the detail error information when the error occurs. 

Does the issue happen to all reports on your Power BI service of some specific reports? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft Hi,

Details: Something went wrong
Unable to save the report
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: ef40ae27-c571-402e-8b25-f8a635e718e1
Request ID: 92c989c4-8121-c702-9df2-99ec397a1c97
Correlation ID: 0dda89fc-e45e-8810-d770-25feae2f1746
Status code: 401
Time: Wed Nov 14 2018 09:30:40 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.7302.190
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Does the issue happen to all reports on your Power BI service of some specific reports?  - To completely random reports, sometimes even from the same dataset.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Are these reports created directly on Power BI service or published from Power BI desktop? 

Please test it again. If issue persists, please share new error message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

They are both, actually. Currently I don't have this issue, but it appears randomly, so once it does, I will share new error message with you, for sure. Thank you.

TrevLc
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

I am receiving this error as well and have not found a solution or a reason for the issue.

This occurs when trying to save a report created on the service.

If there is a solution, please let me know

dstoma
Frequent Visitor

Hello PBI users,

I was struggling with this too, and I found something that works, although it's not exactly documented anywhere, as far as I can tell.

When I attempted to save my report in Power BI Service, I received a msg very similar to what Anonymous reported on 11-14-2018.  I was trying to use the first option in the File menu (Save).  Then I tried the option just below that (Save as)  With the Save as option, a textbox appears for naming the report.  I just entered "My Report", and it saved to my Workspace.

I then made another change to the report, after having saved it once, and this time I tried the Save option again (not Save as).   This time, the report saved using the basic Save option.

My only conclusion based on simple observations is that the Save as option is necessary the first time that the report is being saved, but the standard Save option can be used after that.  Not exactly scientific, but it worked for me, and I hope it helps someone else.