Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Something went wrong Unable to save the report

When I edit a Power BI report and try to save, I get the error: "Something went wrong: Unable to save the report. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support please provide these details." Save as works. User has owner rights. The same error about 2 week, but before was OK.

Error information:

Something went wrong
Unable to save the report
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: d78199eb-e2ec-40d4-bd69-b179da84f217
Request ID: 09596b2f-1aeb-ecaf-4c22-0e6804161ba7
Correlation ID: b4725ecb-de21-08a6-78ea-50295d62c524
Status code: 401
Time: Sun Oct 14 2018 22:05:14 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time)
Version: 13.0.6980.191
Cluster URI: https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Vidmantas,

Does the issue happen to one specific report or all reports on Power BI service? 

When you edit the report in Power BI desktop then republish the report to service, does the change update in service as well? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vidmantas

With other reports the same issue.

Power BI desktop works fine - I can publish report with changes with the same name. "Save" does not work for new published reports from Power BI desktop also.

Also, I am getting data source refresh errors - each time with the different table. Sometime refresh ends successfully, but some time with errors. No changes in between. Maybe it is connected. Error text attached:

1.png2.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Vidmantas,

For the issue to save the report changes on Power BI service, it should be related to Power BI cluster itself. Please create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

For the refresh issue, please download the report and open it in Power BI desktop, refresh data to see if any error occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu