cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something went wrong: Could not load file or assembly microsoft.web.webview2.core

Yesterday I got this same error after upgrading to the latest version of Power BI Desktop (from MS download, not MS Store).  I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Power BI Desktop and everything started working again.

Today, the error is back.  I reproduce it by select in this case a new Data source for Microsoft Graph Secutiry Connector.  As soon as I click the "sign in" buttton for the Organizational account that error is thrown.  Below are details it prompted me to copy here.

 

Anyone have any ideas?  Want to avoid reinstalling PBI Desktop as a resolution. 🙂

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2021-05-07T17:13:38.6466218Z

Local Time:
2021-05-07T12:13:38.6466218-05:00

Session ID:
15ee0276-773c-447c-bf73-b245eb7a4508

Release:
April 2021

Product Version:
2.92.1067.0 (21.04) (x64)

Stack Trace:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
at Microsoft.Mashup.WebViews.Windows.EdgeChromium.WebViewWindowFactory.IsRuntimeAvailable(String browserExecutableFolder)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.WebViews.Windows.ModernBrowserOAuthDialogFactory.Create(IWindowHandle parentWindowHandle, IUIHost uiHost, OAuthBrowserNavigation browserNavigation, String resourceKind)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.OAuthManager.OpenOAuthDialog(IWindowHandle parentWindowHandle, String resourceKind, String accessToken, String resourceUrl)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.OAuthManager.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<OpenOAuthDialog>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.OAuthManager.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<AsyncGetOAuthResult>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.92.1067.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.Mashup.WebViews.Windows.EdgeChromium.dll","Component":"Microsoft.Mashup.WebViews.Windows.EdgeChromium.WebViewWindowFactory","Error":"System.IO.FileNotFoundException","MethodDef":"IsRuntimeAvailable","ErrorOffset":"-1"}

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19042.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 528372]

Peak Virtual Memory:
38.5 GB

Private Memory:
717 MB

Peak Working Set:
817 MB

IE Version:
11.789.19041.0

User ID:
4fa921ad-73c1-48e8-8a2d-14e93c86e792

Workbook Package Info:
1* - en-US, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Empty

Model Version:
PowerBI_V1

Enabled Preview Features:
PBI_JsonTableInference
PBI_NewWebTableInference
PBI_ImportTextByExample
PBI_ExcelTableInference
PBI_eimInformationProtectionForDesktop
PBI_newFieldList

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_qnaLiveConnect
PBI_azureMapVisual
PBI_dataPointLassoSelect
PBI_compositeModelsOverAS
PBI_narrativeTextBox
PBI_dynamicParameters
PBI_anomalyDetection
PBI_cartesianMultiplesAuthoring

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Status: New
Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@wbracken 

 

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

CRI 239630256

wbracken
Regular Visitor

Thank you sir.  For what it's worth, uinstalling and reinstalling did again correct the issue (assuming temporarily).  Looking forward to a fix!

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support