Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Something Went Wrong - Will not open file

Hello, I cannot even open my PowerBi file. It says "Something went wrong" 

Updating Media

Other files open fine, I tried reinstalling PowerBi, nothing. 

How can I fix the file if I cannot even open it. I searched everywhere and cannot find an answer on how to fix this. Please help. 

Hi @zackb ,

I can't seem to understand your question very precisely
So there is no longer a problem with the file not opening, is there? You have successfully opened the file but it shows this error that you provided?
Or can you provide a screenshot of the error message?
It would be great if you could provide the DATE function you are using.

As for this error message of yours, please check if there are blank values in the Date column, and if you have multiple Date columns in your report, please make sure they have the proper context, as DAX does not know which set of dates you want it to use due to the lack of context.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
zackb

The error is: An argument of function 'DATE' has the wrong data type or the result is too large or too small.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @zackb ,

I can't seem to understand your question very precisely
So there is no longer a problem with the file not opening, is there? You have successfully opened the file but it shows this error that you provided?
Or can you provide a screenshot of the error message?
It would be great if you could provide the DATE function you are using.

As for this error message of yours, please check if there are blank values in the Date column, and if you have multiple Date columns in your report, please make sure they have the proper context, as DAX does not know which set of dates you want it to use due to the lack of context.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn