Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Some Reports aren't displaying in report server

Some of our power bi reports are displaying in our report server. This is the error it gives me:

Couldn't load the data for this visual

An unexpected exception occurred.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Request ID690abefa-237a-2c8b-f24b-1dfcf6c6388c
TimeFri Feb 22 2019 07:50:50 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Version14.0.600.434

Some slicers seem to be working fine but everything else doesn't work on the reports with the errors. Not every report in the report server is giving an error. We also have a dev version of our report server and it seems to be working properly. If I click "Edit in Power BI Desktop" the report loads perfectly fine. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Comments
jshinnenkamp
Frequent Visitor

The error seemed to be a microsoft update we applied to our server. We reverted the server back to its state before we applied the updates last night and it seems to of fixed the issue.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jshinnenkamp

Which Power BI report server version do you mean the issue happens? The latest Power BI report server version is 15.0.1102.235

Which data source does the report get data from and which connection mode you used? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

jshinnenkamp
Frequent Visitor

I believe we are still on the October 2017 version, which very well could be the issue. There didn't seem to be any correlation to which datasource was retreiving data vs the ones that weren't. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jshinnenkamp ,

If there is other environment for your to install the PBIRS version 15.0.1102.235, please test the same reports in the latest version to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu