Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Smart Narratives not working with text measures

I have a Measure that returns a text value (Test Measure = "Test"). It seems that the Smart Narratives visual is not able to correctly display such measure. Other visuals have no problem in doing so (Q&A included).

I tried to format the Measure in "General" and "Text": same result.

Could this be a bug? Thanks

Capture.PNG

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @cesare_centomo 

To myu knowledge, it couldn't achieve in Smart Narrative for now.

as you could see there are only Numerical format, that means text or other format are not supported for now.

5.JPG

you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Lin

cesare_centomo
Regular Visitor

Hi Lin ( @v-lili6-msft ),

I've performed more test on this and I can see that the same test works in a file with fewer data imported. I'm trying more tests to understand why it stops working in that particular data model.

I'll keep posted my results.

Best, Cesare.

cesare_centomo
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone,

I think I narrowed down the issue to calculation groups. I'll leave a couple of images that shows it.

When multiple SELECTEDMEASURE() functions are called in a calculation item, the smart narrative won't display the text measure.

1.PNG2.PNG

SeanMcLarty
Advocate I

Hi @cesare_centomo,

Thankyou! You've helped me figure out why dynamic text values (Smart Narriatives) stopped working in my report - the auto-complete no longer works.  It seems to break if I simply open Tabular Editor, click save, and then refresh my PBI report.  Hopefully Lin (@v-lili6-msft) can also replicate this problem.

Kind Regards,
Sean

zzakir
Helper II

@cesare_centomo @v-lili6-msft were you able to find a work around it? Is Microsoft working on fixing this issue?

cesare_centomo
Regular Visitor

Hi @zzakir,
unfortunately, I haven't found a workaround. I know that Microsoft was looking at the problem but haven't heard back from them in a while. I've asked for an update today. I will update this thread with any news.