Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Small Drop-Down Slicers don't expand fully on first browser click

I have a short drop-down slicer on one of my report pages that has 3 items. On desktop, when I click the drop-down I see all options upon first click, just like so:

expand.png

However, when I publish the report, all users, myself included, only see a single item in the drop-down when the slicer is clicked the first time (see pic below). When a user clicks on the slicer the second time (and any time thereafter), they see the "full" dropdown and all three items like it appears on desktop.

collapse.png

This is confusing to users as its not obvious that there are additional options and the scroll bar only appears if you hover over the scroll area. This is a single-select slicer that is on the topmost layer of the report page and isn't being covered by any other item. 

This behavior can be seen in every report slicer that has a "small" amount of items (generally <5) -- a user must click the drowpdown, exit, then re-click the slicer dropdown in order to see all the items when viewing the report in the web browser.  Again, every user, regardless of access level or web browser, sees this same behavior. And its on every report that has slicer with a small amount of items, its not limited to this single report example.

If it helps any, I'm on the Power BI Premium service and the desktop version I'm using is Version: 2.92.1067.0 64-bit (April 2021)

Comments
abayless
Advocate II

Similar issue reported two days prior by another user here: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Slicer-dropdown-not-showing-data/idi-p/1836971

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@abayless 

The issue is reported internally and I will keep you posted with any updates.

CRI 241062154

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@abayless 

We’ve identified the issue and this will be fixed later this month.

abayless
Advocate II

@v-chuncz-msft Thank you so much -- I appreciate your hard work!

jgreyli1
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft Any progress on this issue? Downloaded the latest version today but issue seems to persist

sarava0483
Frequent Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft  Any Update on this issue, the UI for dropdown is not showing completely in Power BI service but it is good in desktop version.

abayless
Advocate II

@v-chuncz-msftAny updates on this? This issue still exists across the PBI service.

Another user report on this: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Slicer-dropdown-not-showing-only-one-value-on-first-click/id...

abayless
Advocate II

@sarava0483 @jgreyli1 @Anonymous This issue seems to have been fixed on the PBI service as far as I can tell -- you may want to check to see if it has been resolved in your reports as well.