Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slow Dataset Refreshes

Has something been up with the power bi pro instances recently? We keep getting slow refreshes on random datasets, then the next day it's fine and a different dataset is slow refreshing, then the next day everything will be ok. We know it's not the database as we can see it's finished pulling data and is processing within power bi itself. We're just wondering if this is a known issue?

Hi, @GlynMThomas 

Currently, there are no related known issues . Are you using scheduled refresh or manual refresh ? If it is a scheduled refresh, I recommend that you set the refresh interval to be longer so that it will not occupy refresh resources. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, @GlynMThomas 

Currently, there are no related known issues . Are you using scheduled refresh or manual refresh ? If it is a scheduled refresh, I recommend that you set the refresh interval to be longer so that it will not occupy refresh resources. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Martin1986
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here in Netherlands since this week. Refreshing in Power BI takes 2 minutes, but publishing is very slow and takes 10 minutes or longer and often freezes Power BI as well in the process. Once on the online service, the refreshes take very long, up to half hour and the business is patiently waiting for their changes to show up.

GlynMThomas
Resolver I

We use azure functions to trigger the refreshes. It has been fine for ages now it's intermittently taking an hour on some datasets randomly throughout the week, then it'll be fine again. We can see it's something internal to power bi as it's not hitting the database at the time. There's definitely something odd going on. What can I do to raise this?

croberts21
Responsive Resident

Can everyone edit their comment to list their country? Maybe there is a pattern here. 

nrsmith4
Regular Visitor

I have also noticed slow refreshes recently. Especially when connecting to a sharepoint list. Not everytime though.