Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Slow Dataflow Refresh

Hi Everyone

Is anyone experiencing slow dataflow refreshes? Since this morning, I have a dataflow that is taking very long to refresh. I haven't edited the dataflow for at least a month and it has been working fine up to now.

A simple text-inputed table (4 rows, 2 columns) took 15 minutes to update. Another similar table took 27 minutes to update. Both of these tables are not linked to an external data source and should usually take 30s to refresh. I cancelled the refresh after about 2h30. The dataflow was not even half-way through a refresh that normally takes 20 minutes.

I aborted the second attempt at refreshing the dataflow after about an hour and the first table (text-inputed, 3 rows, 2 columns) had not yet refreshed.

Based on the discussion in this post, It looks like an issue happened in specific region Europe and it has been fixed up to now. If there is still someone has this issue and it's continuous in the case of  simple table structure and not very large data amount, please consider opening support ticket for further help. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
EP1
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Just a note: all of my dataflows are taking very long to refresh. One dataflow that should refresh within 3 minutes has been running for nearly 30 minutes now without having updated a single table.

edugoncalves
Resolver I

Good morning,

I'm facing the same issue.
My cluster is https://wabi-north-europe-l-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/ and dataflow refresh is taking longer than usual and eventually ending up with the following error description :

Internal error Request ID: 3eb58a11-ae3d-46dd-a875-edf1e656b60e Activity ID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

No changes were made to these dataflows. It is also not possible to preview the data in the tables.
My organization does not have up-to-date data and the entire business is compromised, because of this situation.

Best Regards

SimonNoer
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue with 4 different customers.

Dataflows take 3 hours to update before timing out.

Victor_Lindgren

I'm facing the same issue on cluster https://wabi-north-europe-l-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/.

Has been like this since 3 hours ago...

JosePer
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Same problem, time out after 3 hours.

Error: The operation is timed out. Request ID: 4c4a1069-3536-4d0e-9302-8aaa5d4f25e2 Activity ID: 718e4b40-f9db-4459-bb5b-ec0ac583af21

ncbshiva
Advocate V

Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue as my dataflows are taking more than 3 hours to update before getting timed out.

katecunn2212
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue, dataflows set to refresh before 5am GMT took longer then normal to refresh, however they did complete. But dataflows that started after 5am GMT ran for 3hours and then timed out. 

HWinkelhorst
Regular Visitor

Same issue, refreshes which took just 7 minutes on average are now 3 hours and still running and will probably timeout any second now.

arossello
Frequent Visitor

Hello , I have the same problem with all my Data Flows, when will we have a solution?

Vandalytic
Advocate II

Same problem here! Any update from Microsoft?