Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slow DB2 refresh Power BI Desktop

Hi,

Since December update we have hard time refreshing data with our DB2 database. Previously we were able to refresh around 7000 records a second, now the first 100-150 000 records are relatively OK but after that the pace drop at around 100-200 records a second.

Thanks

Comments
robarivas
Post Patron

@Anonymous Since the DB2 connector started having problems I've had to switch to ODBC. However, today I switched back to the DB2 connector to see if the April 2019 update fixed it. Unfortunately, it did not seem to fix it in my case. So until a fix (for me) comes about I will have to continue using ODBC.

BjoernSchaefer
Helper II

I'm loading between 30k and 50k rows per Second. Wich is a huge enhancement in performance. A query with 2.5Million rows run 4 hours with the March '19 Update. Now, with the April Version it's done within 40 Seconds (I used a stopwatch). 

I can't tell you guys, wich version of DB2 is in use. But i'll do some research on that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bjoern - are you connecting to the DB2 through DB import or using ODBC to connect to the database?