Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slow DB2 refresh Power BI Desktop

Hi,

Since December update we have hard time refreshing data with our DB2 database. Previously we were able to refresh around 7000 records a second, now the first 100-150 000 records are relatively OK but after that the pace drop at around 100-200 records a second.

Thanks

Comments
BjoernSchaefer
Helper II

@Anonymous,

awesome. Thank you very much. A 'lil feedback on my MS-Support-Ticket.

The Engineer (finally) forwareded the issue to the product team and they asked for Trace-Files and a behaviour description of an earlier version of PowerBI Desktop, wich both i provided.

Now i'm playing the waiting game, again. But at least they investigating that issue.

Regards

BjoernSchaefer

GTech01
Frequent Visitor

Maybe too late for us, we're looking to move with Tableau...

Anonymous
Not applicable

any upadte on this? my gateway updated and now i can't get files updated in PBIWeb.  our hosts are pegged in processor

BjoernSchaefer
Helper II

@Anonymous 

i'm still in contact with the support. They told me, that the product team is investigating the issue, more tickets has been created regarding that issue. When i wanna know the status the respond is always the same. 

"The product team is investigating this issue. Please wait for further updates."

Regards

BjoernSchaefer

Anonymous
Not applicable

BjoernSchaefer - are you getting?

Before the data import for (FILE) finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

BjoernSchaefer
Helper II

@Anonymous,

that's exactly the error message i'm getting in the Service. The Query runs over 2 hours and i guess that PBI is cancelling refreshes that take over 2 hours.

Regards

BjoernSchaefer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah referencing back I do see what you were experiencing in the gateway. I am getting this across all data sources - those that have SQL or DB2 ODBC or Excel

BjoernSchaefer
Helper II

@Anonymous,

did you update the Gateway to the Feb '19 Version. A lot of peaple in the community do have the issue that you mentioned.

robarivas
Post Patron

I'm having the slowness with or without the gateway. In my opinion the connector itself is somehow broken.

BjoernSchaefer
Helper II

@robarivas,

that's my opinion, too. I already told this MS, but i get the feeling that they are not listening.