Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicers function "Select all" weirdness

Hi everyone,

just got an interesting weirdness of standart power bi slicer. Lets say you have i.e. two slicers (items and orders). Select one item no.1007, then in another slicer you can see filtered all belonging orders. Because there are a lot of orders and you dont want to select them manualy so im using "select all". So far so good, but next when i deselect item, slicer with orders understand that i want select whole orders instead of belonging orders to item no.1007. Hows that? Why?
I tried custom visual "hierarchy slicer", and that slicer helped me in one side, because his "select all" not select whole units, but in another side there is a 4K row limit. So... i'm stuck. Any ideas?

Antanas 

Comments
AntanasK
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AntanasK,

I have confirmed from PG team it's by design for the slicer in your scenario. 

If you don't like the slicer behave like that, you can use hierarchy slicer instead. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

AntanasK
Frequent Visitor

Understood the position. Of course i will use hierarchy slicer, why not, but there is a small thing, that author of this visual put a 4K row limit... Why? He didn't answered. So all quiet on the slicers front....

AntanasK
Frequent Visitor

Thank's anyway for your help.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AntanasK,

As the Hierarchy Slicer isn't developed by the Microsoft. The best way is consulting author of this visual. You can reach him: mail@datascenarios.nl. The author leaves his address at the right top side of this site: https://azurebi.jppp.org/author/janpieter/

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

AntanasK
Frequent Visitor

Will try. I appreciate your response.