Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer switches from Dropdown to List when using Bookmarks

Hello,

I have a Dropdown slicer (built-in visual, not custom) on my page and I've created two bookmarks.

When I switch to another bookmark (using image with action) - then suddenly my slicer switches to a List instead of Dropdown.

And it stays like this even if I return to an original bookmark.

Looks like a bug - please fix

Thank you

Michael

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same bug, plz fix it..

ChristyQV
Frequent Visitor

I started having this issue on a series of reports that were working fine until I had to add another filter.  I updated my books marks to include the new filter.  Now, everytime I do something all the versions of one of the initial filters change to a list and turn off the title.  And one sync'd filter doesn't work sync or do what the bookmark has it set to do on that page! 

I will try deleting all the filters and bookmarks and starting over, but I feel that this is an issue that needs fixed!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, is there an update on this?
It really scrues up the apperience of a report and I never use it because of this
Thanks
Michael
KDIXN
Advocate I

@Anonymous nope, haven't seen any.

Also very keen to get an update by dev team pbi. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

As this thread is a little old, please post a new thread with detail information provided. We will investigate it and reply in the new thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Thanks, I have opened a new thread here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Slicer-switches-from-Dropdown-to-List-when-using-Bookmarks-l...

@KDIXN @ChristyQV @Anonymous @MojoGene 

Everyone, please vote for the new thread

Thanks!

EduSurveys
Advocate II

I have tried the solutions posted on other discussions (deleting the old bookmarks and re-doing them, enabling "select all", de-selecting "data" from bookmarks), and none of the solutions work reliably.

I have had to re-do my slicers every time this happens!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue. This shouldn't be an issue this far into the bookmark features life.

Is there an ETA on the fix?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have kind of the same issue, a dropdown filter was added to the report and every now and then the dropdown changes to a list again....see right hand side...

what could cause this?? 

SnipImage.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Do you have any bookmarks on the page?