Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer switches from Dropdown to List when using Bookmarks

Hello,

I have a Dropdown slicer (built-in visual, not custom) on my page and I've created two bookmarks.

When I switch to another bookmark (using image with action) - then suddenly my slicer switches to a List instead of Dropdown.

And it stays like this even if I return to an original bookmark.

Looks like a bug - please fix

Thank you

Michael

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in Power BI desktop version 2.58.5103.501. Would you please update the desktop to the latest version then test again?

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I do have the latest version  2.58.5103.501 and I had reproduced the issue easily - here is the .pbix file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoP_9ampPIT7lUzbFq1hfWwFBzGE

Just press a "Chart" or "Table" button and see what happens to a slicer 😞

Please fix

Thank!

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft

I've managed to solve this by switching off the  "Data" property of my bookmark.

Still I think that "Data" property shouldn't influence the slicer's layout (List or Dropdown).

Thanks

Michael

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have looked into your report, it seems the bookmarks don't save the slicer dropdown status. Please select the bookmark, then set the slicer as dropdown, then click Update next to the bookmark name. 

I have updated the bookmarks states, see this new report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd5qkfs7j713k1g/Bookmark_DropdownSlicer_Bug.pbix?dl=0

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Thanks Qiuyun,

Actually I initially changed my slicer to dropdown even BEFORE adding a first bookmark.

So when I created the bookmarks the slicer ALREADY WAS in the dropdown mode.

This is really a bug - it should not switch by itself to other mode if I am not explicitly doing this.

I also have the same problem when working with Matrixes with Drilldowns - they randomly change their mode too.

Please fix - it is hard to rely on a random behavior

Thank you!!!

Michael

StidifordN
Helper III

Having the same issues, and its extremely fiddly to resolve but it is resolvable.  

Agreed, an irritating little bug that would be handy to have sorted out 

WCrayger
Frequent Visitor

Same thing is happening to me. Had to remove slicers and add as a page level filters as a workaround. Every time I activate a bookmark the slicers change from drop down to list. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

Facing the same issue. It is quite difficult as it changes the appearance of the report. As I have multiple slicer it is rerally difficult to find a work around for this. 

Kindly fix the same or suggest an alternative. 

Thanks in advance 

MojoGene
Post Patron

Agree. This is a very minor, but very annoying problem. 

KDIXN
Advocate I

I also have problems when you choose "BETWEEN" option of the slices, you can't change it back in one of the others anymore...pls fix.